As a blogger I love it when my readers take the time to leave a comment. Unfortunately there are those out there who comment for no other reason than to get a link to their site. I don’t mind that as long as their comment has some value and adds something to the post itself. Having said that let’s look at some of the things you shouldn’t do.
- No Spam as spam will not be tolerated.
- No Sucking up, things like great post will never see the light of day.
- Leave a name and not a keyword as any comment that does not come with a legitimate name will be deleted
- Your URL must not lead to site that others my find objectionable. These sites include hate sites, porn sites and any other site whose content is of poor taste
- You never know who is reading your comment and so you must always be on your best behaviour. Foul language will not be tolerated and one must never overreact to another persons comment. You can debate it but you must never cross the line by going over the top.
So, what will happen to your comment? Well, if I consider it to be spam I will send it to spammers hell via Akismet. If it’s just a crappy comment I will simply delete it. If it’a a good comment but you used a keyword instead of your name I will simply remove the link to your site. If you’re still not sure what constitutes a good comment you should read this post. Teaching People The Proper Way To Comment.