If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times, the biggest advantage of buying your lottery tickets online is that you never have to worry about not being able to claim your lottery ticket. This is simply because once you buy your ticket from an online lottery agent you will always receive an email letting you know. At least I know this to be true of PLAYHUGELOTTOS.COM and Oz Lotteries. Even though you don’t get notified from theLotter.com you do get an email of your ticket allowing you to keep track of it and so you don’t need to worry about losing it. In case you may think this doesn’t happen all that often I’ve done a quick search to see if it is a regular occurrence.
How Many Winning Lottery Tickets Actually Go Unclaimed?
- Clock Ticking On Unclaimed Lottery Ticket: Someone who bought a ticket on August the 6th 2010 and won $1,000,0000 dollars is going to lose the lot because the money goes back into the lotto pool once a year expires.
- Asheville Winning Lottery Ticket Unclaimed: This one is only for $200,000 and involves getting 5 numbers in Powerball so maybe they don’t think it’s worth claiming? Yeah right As far as this lottery is concerned they have 180 days from the drawing to claim their prize.
- One Winning Lottery Ticket In Columbia Goes Unclaimed: Some South Carolina resident is $30,000 richer and does’t even know it! The ticket was sold in August at Hickory Point #27 at 2617 Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenvilleand and they have until August 22nd to claim their prize.
- Millions Go Unclaimed In Western Australian Lotteries: Just this year alone there is $2.4 million that is sitting around waiting for someone to claim it. Are you one of them? Do you still have your ticket? Shit, you didn’t leave it in your shirt and put it through the washing machine did you? No mention of there being an expiry date with this lot.
- Millions Of Expiring Lottery Jackpots Expiring: This articles refers to several tickets that are going unclaimed and one poor bloke, or woman, who just missed out on $250,000!
I could go on as there are seven pages of search results. This just goes to show that it’s more than just a rare occurrence. It’s hard enough to win the lottery as it is, can you afford not to buy your lottery ticket online?